The MJOLNIR Chain LTN is a special weapon that fires lightning bolts that chain between nearby enemies. It deals heavy damage, with a small clip size, low max ammo count, and long reload. It consumes all of the user's shields in order to fire. It also has a small chance to fire a 'powershot', dealing 200% damage, and another small chance to not consume ammo when firing.
It comes with two different ammo types:
- ZV Unstable Compound, dealing more damage directly but less damage on chain lightning hits.
- ZX Inverse Compound, dealing less damage directly but more damage on chain lightning hits.
The abbreviation for this weapon is 'CLG.'
- High damage and chains to multiple enemies (Max: 7)
- Connects with enemies almost instantly, even through walls
- Best weapon against groups and armored enemies
- Small magazine and very low max ammo
- Cannot headshot enemies
- Very high heat generation
- Short initial range
- 50% damage against shields
- Slow reload - very long Eject phase
- Pickup: 4
- S-Lightning Ammunition
- ZV Unstable Compound
- ZX Inverse Compound
- Consumes Shield Each Shot
- Consumes 100% of shields every shot and stops them from regenerating for 0.30 seconds
- 5% Powershot
- 5% Chance for 200% damage
- 5% No Ammo Cost Chance
- 5% No ammo cost chance
- 75% less drop chance in Hyper Adrenaline
- The Twin Link II item essentially provides temporary double damage since the chain lightning remains accurate regardless of recoil or deviation; note that firing the Mjolnir does not trigger the Twin Link II item, another weapon must be used to trigger the item
- The Muzzle Compensator attachment increases damage without affecting the performance of the weapon
- Due to the Mjolnir's high heat generation, the Backup Printer attachment will allow some of the ammo expended to be gained back, while also removing some heat
- Accessories that enhance the Mjolnir's ammo capacity and mitigate its heat generation are essential for getting the most out of it
- The Barebone Allocator will not activate ammo regeneration if the Mjolnir removed your shields.
- Titanium Rifling has no effect on this weapon.
- Prior to Update 16, the Mjolnir did not consume ammo when fired out of range, and the 10% No Ammo Cost Chance added one free shot to the magazine instead, which could be exploited to give the player unlimited ammo by firing the weapon when no targets were around
- Prior to Update 15, the Mjolnir did not have the 10% No Ammo Cost Chance and Consumes Shield Each Shot modules
- As a result, a Specialist running the Calculated module benefited from the Mjolnir's high heat generation; intentionally overheating provided a shield buff at almost no cost
- Similarly, the Specialist's Sun Rising module could be maxed quickly by constantly firing the weapon without any targets around