The K3 Boltcaster SMG is a special SMG that fires tungsten bolts. It suffers from low damage output, small magazine size (for an SMG) and slow reload time. It has a small chance to shoot 2 arrows.
In Arena, it can be purchased for Assassin as a Series 4 weapon.
The abbreviation for this weapon is 'BC.'
- Fairly powerful per-hit
- If acquired, shock arrows inflict short-duration stuns on enemies, which can be stacked to increase duration
- As a result, the weapon is capable of stunlocking almost every enemy type in the game
- Low heat
- Limited magazine capacity and max ammo
- Pickup: 50
- Ballistic Armor-Piercing Ammunition
- Tungsten Arrow
- Compatible Ammo
- Poison Arrow (Poison/Acid)
- Shock Arrow (Soft Point)
- 10% Double Shot Chance
- 10% chance to shoot 2 arrows instead of 1
- The duration of a stun is indicated by the visibility of a blue glow around the stunned enemy (more visible = longer duration)
- Bosses are stunned for shorter durations; stuns will interrupt their attacks and inflict slow instead
- Counts as both an SMG and a Marksman rifle
- Acquire Shock Arrows as soon as possible through soft point ammo sources (playing as a level 5+ Riot Guard is the easiest, since you start with soft point ammo)
- Increase the duration of stuns by using the Weapons Master module on Guardian classes or recycling the Tsunami Talisman item
- The Hyper Accelerator attachment will allow multiple enemies to be stunned at once through piercing
- Prior to Update 17, Tungsten Arrows were guaranteed to stun and came as default ammo, which allowed the Boltcaster to outperform a vast majority of the game's weapons at base level due to its potential to stunlock enemies and accessibility as a common rarity weapon
- This weapon was formerly named K3 Auto Boltcaster
- This weapon's design is based off of the Magpul PDR
- In 25.2 the weapon had a bug where the firerate is randomized constantly.